A soldier belonging to the South Korean Special Forces falls in love with a beautiful surgeon. However, their relationship is short-lived as their professions keep them apart
The Department of Communication and Media is part of the School of Communication in the Faculty of Humanities. The Department offers an undergraduate major in Communication and Media, and also offers Honours and Master’s degrees in journalism, film and television, as well as supervision up to Postdoctoral level. The Department provides practical communication, audio-visual and digital skills along with essential theoretical knowledge in media to equip graduates with competences needed to create and develop media content across a range of platforms.
The Department seeks to appoint a Lecturer in the Department on a permanent contract. The incumbent should be a high calibre scholar/practitioner and innovative thinker who will help to build the Department’s profile and standing nationally and internationally. The incumbent will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, supervise, produce research at a high level, and contribute to academic citizenship.
- Teach theoretical and practical courses across the year groups from undergraduate to postgraduate;
- Course coordination, assistance with curriculum development and associated administration;
- Publish in peer reviewed, accredited publications;
- Build and maintain national and international external partners, including within the media industry.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A relevant Doctoral degree in Communication, Media or a related field.
- A research track record;
- Teaching experience commensurate with the level of the post (3-5 years);
- A solid track record of postgraduate supervision;
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of communication and media, and an ability to teach on a wide variety of areas, although particular expertise on audio-visual and digital media production (film, television & screen studies) is a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of film, broadcast television, documentaries or content creation for multi-platform projects.
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Work in a multicultural learning and work environment;
- Work in a fast changing and creative environment;
- Integrate digital media technologies in teaching and learning;
- Engage with industry and initiate and maintain industry partnerships;
- Provide strong and innovative leadership;
- Enthuse and inspire students and colleagues;
- Team player; and
- Takes initiative.