The world’s most explicit erotica writer Layla Marie proudly presents “Big Daddy” – Incredibly hot erotica short stories! THE TOP 100 EROTICA and ROMANCE
We are particularly interested in candidates with a broad experience base in the discipline of tourism development and management. Applicants for the position of a Senior Lecturer are expected to advance our pan-African research agenda, the ideal candidate must have a scholarly research profile suggesting evidence of research done, with specific reference to the African continent. Primary responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, supervision of Honours, Masters and PhD students. In the case of a Lecturer, we expect the candidate to have an emerging research profile in terms of publications and supervision record. We pride ourselves on scholarly profile and we therefore expect all our academics to actively engage in research and publish in high-impact quality journals.
Upon joining the School of Tourism & Hospitality, you will:
- Be situated at the STH Admin Building, Bunting Road Campus, Kingsway, but not excluded from teaching on other campuses
- Teach allocated modules and supervise postgraduate students
- Conduct and publish your research within a focus area in Tourism Development & Management
- Fulfil academic leadership and administrative roles within the STH when required
You will be expected:
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Supervise postgraduate students’ research, including honours, master’s and doctorates
- Conduct and publish research within a research focus area of your personal interest
- Fulfil leadership roles in the School
- Make a meaningful difference through community engagement
- Forge and maintain external professional local, regional and international networks
Desired Experience & Qualification
To qualify, you need to have:
- A PhD degree in Tourism Management or Tourism Development or relevant field in the case of a SL. A candidate at the level of Lecturer must have a master’s Degree in Tourism and be registered and making strong progress towards a PhD.
- Experience in teaching/training in a variety of tourism programmes at a reputable higher education institution, locally or internationally
- Well-developed quantitative and/or qualitative methodology skills
- Evidence of an emerging research and publications portfolio (Google Scholar/Scopus profile)
- Evidence of successful supervision to completion of Honours, Masters (L) and PhD students (SL)
- An excellent ability to speak and write in English
- Good leadership and team-oriented skills
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills
We pay a competitive package linked to experience, skills and qualifications.
- Teaching experience, preferably at a Higher Education Institution
- A track record of post-graduate research supervision and publication in the relevant field
- Proven record of engagement with the scholarship of teaching, e.g. teaching evaluation or relevant portfolio
- Innovative teaching techniques incorporating technology
- NRF Rating would be an added advantage.