A wild fox is estimated to eat around 400g of food a night, … Nieman Company’s innovative breeding techniques and sound nutrition result in the world’s .
The Department of Communication and Media is part of the School of Communication in the Faculty of Humanities. The Department offers an undergraduate major in Communication and Media, and also offers Honours and Master’s degrees in communication, journalism, and film and television, as well as supervision up to Postdoctoral level. The Department provides practical communication, audio-visual and digital skills along with essential theoretical knowledge in media to equip graduates with competences needed to create and develop media content across a range of platforms.
- Teach theoretical and practical courses across the year groups from undergraduate to postgraduate;
- Course coordination, assistance with curriculum development and associated administration;
- Publish in peer reviewed, accredited publications;
- Recruit and supervise postgraduate students, including post-doctoral fellows;
- Build and maintain national and international external partners, including the media industry.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A relevant Doctoral degree in Communication, Media or a related field.
- A research track record;
- Teaching experience commensurate with the level of the post (3-5 years);
- A solid track record of postgraduate supervision at Masters, Doctoral and Postdoctoral levels;
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of communication and media, and an ability to teach on a wide variety of areas, although particular expertise on audio-visual and digital media production (film, television& screen studies) would be a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of film, broadcast television, documentaries or content creation for multi-platform projects.
- Work in a multicultural learning and work environment;
- Work in a fast changing and creative environment;
- Integrate digital media technologies in teaching and learning;
- Engage with industry and initiate and maintain industry partnerships;
- Provide strong and innovative leadership;
- Enthuse and inspire students and colleagues;
- Team player; and
- Takes initiative.
- Experience of raising and managing grant funds in a research context;
- Experience of staff and budget management.
- Experience in teaching both theory and applied film and television studies.
- Film and television industry experience.
- Proven record of engagement with the scholarship of teaching, e.g. teaching evaluation or relevant portfolio.