a short story that highlights the importance of knowing your life goals. A boat was docked in a tiny Mexican fishing village. A tourist complimented the local fishermen on the quality of their fish and
The Department seeks to appoint a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in the Department on a permanent contract. The incumbent should be a high calibre scholar/ practitioner and innovative thinker who will take on a strong leadership role and continue to build the Department’s profile and standing nationally and internationally. The incumbent will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, supervise, produce research at a high level, and contribute to academic citizenship.
- Teach theoretical and practical courses across the year groups from undergraduate to postgraduate;
- Course coordination, assistance with curriculum development and associated administration;
- Publish in peer reviewed, accredited publications;
- Recruit and supervise postgraduate students, including post-doctoral fellows;
- Build and maintain national and international external partners, including the media industry.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A relevant Doctoral degree in Communication, Media or a related field.
- A research track record;
- Teaching experience commensurate with the level of the post (3-5 years);
- A solid track record of postgraduate supervision at Masters, Doctoral and Postdoctoral levels;
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of communication and media, and an ability to teach on a wide variety of areas, although particular expertise on audio-visual and digital media production (film, television& screen studies) would be a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of film, broadcast television, documentaries or content creation for multi-platform projects.
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Work in a multicultural learning and work environment;
- Work in a fast changing and creative environment;
- Integrate digital media technologies in teaching and learning;
- Engage with industry and initiate and maintain industry partnerships;
- Provide strong and innovative leadership;
- Enthuse and inspire students and colleagues;
- Team player; and
- Takes initiative